Dakshini is soliciting creative contributions for their Pujo 2018 issue of Dakshini Pujo Magazine. As an organization, Dakshini seeks to foster friendship and understanding between the people of Bengali origin, Indian origin, and the Americans. Our annual publication of Dakshini Pujo Magazine during Durga Pujo is a part of that effort. Our aim is to showcase the tremendous creative talent that exists among our members and to present their many unique viewpoints to a discerning audience. This high-quality magazine is eagerly awaited for every year. We request your assistance in continuing this tradition.
Details of submission are as follows:
1. Type of contribution: Non-fiction essay, poetry, short story, travelogue, biography, sketches, paintings, and photographs.
2. All contributions should be previously unpublished and should be the creation of Dakshini members and their immediate family.
3. All contributions should be appropriate for all ages.
4. Manuscripts should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. All text submittals should be in editable electronic format – MS Word for English, and Avro Phonetic within MS Word for Bengali.
6. Sketches and paintings may be in any of the following formats – jpg, png, or pdf.
7. Article length – maximum 1,000 words.
8. The Editorial Board's decision is final in selecting articles to publish. As necessary, editorial revisions may be made without altering the author's intent.
9. Deadline for submission – Sunday, September 23, 2018